Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's all coming together

Did I ever tell you I was a writing major in college?

I had intended to be a commercial arts major (eg graphic art) but upon discovering too late that my chosen school only had what I figured was a non-commercially viable fine arts program I went with my other passion, writing. Literature/Writing to be precise. Then I got a job as a graphic designer and it all worked out. Maybe this doesn't come as much of a surprise.

At any rate, as I do from time to time when I have too much going on, I put writing away years ago to concentrate first on art, then on photography, knowing that when the time was right, it would resurface and offer me an outlet. 300 page website notwithstanding, of course.

So now I find myself doing something that I did only once before for a brief period, I'm dabbling in songwriting. I have three fairly complete pieces of music and a few sets of lyrics, they don't necessarily go together (yet) but it's fun for now :) As usual, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment