Sunday, August 20, 2006

Guitar Plug


OK so this is a little off-topic but I wanted to put in a plug for the place I just bought my latest toy -- an Epiphone Les Paul Special II electric guitar: samedaymusic.com. No tax (except in NJ), free shipping on most orders over $49, great selection, great prices.

I had settled on the LPS II as the best guitar for the least amount of money after trying out what must have been 15-20 guitars at 5 different local music stores, including the crowded Bananas at Large, the great Magic Flute, and the overwhelming Guitar Center. Then I was waylaid by injury. So Tuesday morning (8/15) I ordered the guitar and it arrived the following day via FedEX Ground (free)! I couldn't be more pleased. I've been playing nearly nonstop ever since.

FYI instead of the starter "Player Pack" (I already have a tuner, dvd, picks, etc.) I went a-la-carte with a little Marshall MG10CD amp, which sounds fantastic. Anyway if you're in the market for some instrumentation, I highly recommend samedaymusic.com, I was very happy with my experience with them. I also recommend the guitar for a beginner, it's very solid with good sound, good sustain, and a fairly fast neck. Also I have to say I LOVE the fat humbucker sound!

And yes, I'm still working on the website. I'm going through some stacks of old prints looking for overlooked images for the gallery sections. Being couchbound is boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment