Friday, December 14, 2007

Happy Holidays

Well it's that time of year again, the chill is in the air, the ants are marching in from the cold, and the darkroom is beginning to fill with Christmas presents. That's ok, it's far too cold to be out there anyway, even with my nice space heater. I did develop another roll of film yesterday -- in the kitchen, of course -- some old TMax 400 I shot in the N2000 of the kids helping to bake cookies. Actually I think I shot it two weeks ago or so but only yesterday got around to developing it. I used a tip someone sent me and did the final rinse in distilled water and skipped the Foto-Flo, it worked great! I hadn't thought about the hard water being the issue with mineral deposits. Duh.

You probably noticed I started posting more pics to my flickr photostream. Boy, there are an amazing amount of excellent photos out there. What a great way to waste a few hours, clicking away on flickr. I'm starting to wonder why anyone has a 'regular' old skool website anymore, as all the important content seems to be migrating to social networking sites like myspace, facebook, blogspot, wordpress, and flickr.

One photographer I'm really excited to have chanced upon in my clicktour is the amazing Miss Aniela, who is talented as a model, photographer, and also as a Photoshop artist. Normally I don't dig obviously reworked photographs but hers are primarily what I would call stylized in a way that still allows them to speak as photographs, and not as digital paintings or illustrations (though some do go that far). Take a peek. Note - some are marginally NSFW.

In the likely chance that I'm too busy to check in before the holidays are all done, I wish you all the best for the holiday season and in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment